Hands up if you’re looking forward to New York Fashion Week? 🙌 We sure are! We can’t wait to see some of our favorite styles roaming the streets of New York and to help us prep, plus size blogger Margie Plus brings us her ultimate Fashion Week Survival Guide.
Fashion week here in NYC is right around the corner! As a fashion editor and style blogger, my NYFW is spent running from show to show covering the latest runways for both legendary and new to the scene designers. The fun doesn’t end after the catwalks, most fashion week nights are spent mingling with the fashion elite at the hottest after parties. I love the fab occasion because it is the one week style makers from around the world come to the city at the same time to show up and show out. As glamorous as NYFW week is it can leave you feeling overtired, overworked, and hungry. After many makeup mishaps, starvation episodes, and outfit malfunctions throughout the years at Fashion week, I have learned how to survive the 7 days in fashion. Below are a few tips and tricks to get through the tiresome week energized and looking glam at all times. For more style tips check out my Yahoo Style column or my instagram @margieplus and blog www.margieplus.com
1. I cant leave home without a long lasting matte red lipstick to make you pop instantly!
2. A classic leather motto jacket instantly edges up any outfit and is perfect to throw on after a day of shows for a quick refresh for any afterparty.
3. A fashion trend that I am here for is the fashionable sneaker! I am beyond happy that rocking a sleek sneaker to NYFW is socially acceptable now so I can stay cute and comfortable for as long as possible.
4. I am a huge fan of running around in miniskirts and dresses during NYFW and Megababe cream saves my thighs from irritation.
5. Through multiple outfit malfunctions like split seems or busted straps, I know how necessary having a small sewing kit in your bag can be! Use on the go for a quick outfit fix to keep you going throughout the day.
6. Needing to be camera ready all day and night takes a lot of makeup! I like to give my face a good detoxifying face mask to help keep my glow.
7. The tall boot is a fall fashion week staple and having a cute pair that are also comfortable for all day wear is necessary!
8. When you need a super glam and street style approved outfit quickly, throwing on a statement sequin piece like these super eye catching pallazzo pants.
9. A huge part of attending these shows is covering on social media and when you are constantly on your phone covering the hottest trends, having a backup charging case is necessary.
10. On that morning you stayed out too late at the Alexander Wang party a jumpsuit is a super easy way to look chic instantly, especially when you are on the go! Try a cool floral printed stunner like this one for a simple yet fashion forward look.